17th Annual Meeting of the Collaborative Group of the Americas on Inherited Colorectal Cancers
17th Annual CGA-ICC Meeting Anaheim, California October 7-8, 2013
This will be just prior to the 32nd Annual Education Conference of the National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC).
Featured Topics for 2013:
• EMR-based clinical decision support tools in hereditary CRC
• Variants of uncertain significance including analytical approaches, updates and progress from InSIGHT, and clinical cases and counseling challenges
• Next generation sequencing, whole genome/exome sequencing, and cancer gene panels for clinicians including defining medically actionable incidental findings and the ethical, legal, and social issues of newer sequencing platforms and their use
• Hereditary CRC and ethnic minorities, including African Americans and Hispanics
• Prevention of cancer in hereditary CRC syndromes including timing of surgery in MYH and hamartomatous polyposis syndromes, use of chemoprevention in the intestine and beyond, and evidence-based approaches to cancer screening and surveillance
Special Sessions for 2013
• Cases with the Experts (bring your challenging cases to discuss with the experts)
• Plenary research presentations and posters of distinction
• Update on the optimal approach for identification and management of gynecologic malignancies within hereditary CRC
• Impact of pre-operative genetic and tumor testing on surgical decision-making
• Back by popular demand: Hereditary CRC "Jeopardy!", hosted by Randall Burt, MD
• Continuing by popular demand: Hot topics in Behavioral Science, Basic Science, and Clinical Science by world-renowned experts!
• New for 2013: Video forum, moderated by Patrick M. Lynch, MD
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.