Call for Manuscripts: Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy
The Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy (JGPT) is reviewing appropriate submissions to the journal through the JGPT Editorial Manager website at http://www.editorialmanager.com/jgpt.
We are open to receiving submissions on all topics as they relate to Geriatric Physical Therapy. We are actively seeking Systematic Reviews as they relate to physical therapy for older adults. Potential topics of interest include:
• Metabolic syndrome / insulin resistant syndrome. The effect of exercise on insulin resistance and functional ability in older adults with metabolic syndrome.
• Spinal mobilization. The effect of spinal mobilization on pain and function in older adults with spinal dysfunctions.
• Peripheral mobilizations. The effect of peripheral mobilizations on pain and function in older adults with peripheral joint dysfunctions (targeting shoulder, hip, or knee as the primary peripheral joints to focus on).
• Impact of footwear on gait. Effect of footwear on distance walked and joint pain in older adults participating in walking/running exercise programs.
Authors are encouraged to contact the Editor, Michelle Lusardi PT DPT PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss other potential topics
JGPT is the official publication of the Section on Geriatrics (SOG) of the American Physical Therapy Association. JGPT is the leading source of clinically applicable evidence for achieving optimal health, wellness, mobility, and physical function across the continuum of health status for the aging adult.
• Web site offers access to complete contents, including fully searchable archives
• Indexed by PubMed
• Articles Published Online ahead of Print 6-8 weeks after editorial acceptance, on the journal web site, Ovid, and PubMed
• Access via Ovid Technologies for libraries and other institutions to expand the global reach JGPT, offering an enhanced Web presence in Europe, Asia, and around the world
• Published by Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, a leading international publisher of professional health information resources