Call for Papers for a Special Issue of Collegian - The Australian Journal of Nursing Practice, Scholarship & Research on the Topic of Social Media and Nursing
For publication in Collegian issue 2, June 2014
Submission deadline: 31 December 2013
This Special Issue of Collegian - The Australian Journal of Nursing Practice, Scholarship & Research will be devoted to exploring the potential of social media in advancing the nursing profession, and enhancing outcomes for patients and their families.
We welcome all papers with a strong focus on the use of social media in nursing practice; teaching and learning, policy and research, public health and community engagement.
Reviews, original research and exemplary case studies are welcome.
Potential topics include:
• Innovative uses in nursing teaching and learning
• The use of social media in research engagement and dissemination
• E-professionalism, privacy, and confidentiality
• Guidance and regulation
• Original research with use to enhance evidence based practice
• Case studies of exemplary use
• The use of Tweetchats to contribute to professional discourse
• Social media in patient education and support groups
• Use as a clinical intervention
• Supporting patient services and workforce
• Education and professional development
• Analyses of scholarly use to support conference activities
• Use within NGOs and professional associations to engage with patients, caregivers, clinicians and consumers
• Case studies to support regional and rural Australia with specialist services and support