Call for Presentations, Posters and Satelite Symposia: 2014 International Conference on Opioids (ICOO)
June 8-10, 2014 Boston, Massachusetts
The Journal of Opioid Management (JOM) will hold its third International Conference On Opioids (ICOO) June 8-10, 2014 in Boston, Massachusetts.
Building on the success of last year's conference, this unique forum will be comprised of renowned specialists in basic science, clinical application, and compliance. The program is designed to enlighten primary care physicians, pain care specialists, and other opioid prescribers with new data, essential information, and best practices every medical professional has a need to know when prescribing these powerful, quality of life enhancing analgesics.
The ICOO Program Committee invites the submission of proposals for Papers, Presentations, Symposia and Corporate Satellite Symposia.
The ICOO Program Committee requests proposals representing all areas of opioid research, treatment, ethics, opioid abuse and addiction. The proposals should be multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary and should include perspectives from physicians, nurses, psychologists, basic scientists, pharmacists, dentists, etc. Moderators should seek participation from a varied group of faculty with a maximum of four participants per proposal. Proposals that include both basic and clinical science are encouraged.
The ICOO Program Committee suggests the following partial list of topics for submission:
• Translational Opioid & Pain Research
• Basic Science Research in Opioids and Opioid Pharmacology
• Current Topics on Opioid REMS
• Interventional Pain Management Opioid Techniques
• Inequalities in Pain Experience and Pain Management
• Clinical Practice Guidelines for Opioids
• Ethical Issues in the Use of Opioids
• Legal & Regulatory Issues of Prescribing Opioids
• Abuse and Addiction Issues and Opioids
Proposals for previously presented or published work may not be submitted to ICOO without modification. Original work must be changed or expanded, resulting in a new proposal.
Submissions will be accepted thru to December 20, 2013.
Please note that the moderator is required to include a complete standard format disclosure form as part of the submission. Additionally, moderators should contact the speakers named on the proposal to notify them of their inclusion in the submission, and to remind them to complete their disclosure information before December 20, 2013.
Notification: Applicants will be notified in January 2014 regarding selection of their proposals. All presenters will receive complimentary conference registration. Other details and terms of participation will be communicated to speakers upon acceptance of the proposal.
Presentations are scheduled to take place Sunday, June 8 through Tuesday, June 10, 2014. All faculty must be willing and able to present on these dates. Symposia sessions are 90 minutes in length.
A complete proposal submission should include the following:
• A brief statement describing the need and rationale for your topic at the ICOO conference.
• Abstract text of 200 words, including information about each presenter’s contribution to the symposium.
• A focus statement with a succinct description of what topics will be discussed. The statement will be printed in the conference program guide so that attendees can decide which symposia they would like to attend.
• Educational objectives
• Moderator and/or presenter information, including disclosures, bio and picture. In your bio, include both educational and professional achievements. Bio provided will be used to introduce speakers. Picture may be used in promotional material; submit in hi-res jpg format.
Handout materials including speakers’ PowerPoint slides, articles, references and/or bibliography are requested of all speakers. The session moderator will be expected to assist ICOO Program Committee in the collection and organization of all handout materials.
Email the official form to email@example.com or contact us with questions at 781-899-2702. Our staff is available to assist you from 9 am – 4 pm Eastern time.